As you know, we are taking precautions to protect the most vulnerable during this time. To continue to protect the immunocompromised and those most at risk, we are asking that you NOT multiload at this time for any of your trips. Please only transport one member at a time, and be sure to properly clean frequently touched objects and surfaces after each trip, including door handles and seat belts after every trip.
As a reminder, if a member has a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19), is exhibiting flu-like symptoms, or has recently been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, and is using transportation for a non-urgent need, please ask the member to call our “health plan hotline” at 1-858-905-5695 which will redirect them to the nurse’s line of their health plan.
Members who believe they may have COVID-19, or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, should not use NEMT. If the member is seeking treatment for COVID-19, please advise the member to call 911 if they need urgent or emergent treatment.
If you are onsite and need to cancel a trip for this reason, it’s critical that you leave a cancellation note that says “COVID” so that we can immediately let the Health Plan know.
If you are onsite and need to cancel a trip for this reason, it’s critical that your company immediately send an email to email@example.com with the name of the member, the Trip ID, with the subject line COVID, so that we can immediately notify the health plan.
As a reminder, we encourage you to continue to take proper personal precautions to stay healthy, including:
- Washing your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol. For more info on the best way to wash your hands, please visit the CDC’s website.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with your flexed elbow or a tissue and then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces, including door handles and seat belts after every trip.
- If available, offering hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to the member.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Staying home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact documentsCT@veyo.com.