The safety of our members and transportation providers is always our top priority.
If a member has a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19), is exhibiting flu-like symptoms, or has recently been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, and is using transportation for a non-urgent need, please ask the member to call our “health plan hotline” at 1-858-905-5695 which will redirect them to the nurse’s line of their health plan.
Members who believe they may have COVID-19, or are experiencing flu-like symptoms, should not use NEMT. If the member is seeking treatment for COVID-19, please advise the member to call 911 if they need urgent or emergent treatment.
If you are onsite and need to cancel a trip for this reason, it’s critical that you leave a cancellation note that says “COVID” so that we can immediately let the Health Plan know.
If you are onsite and need to cancel a trip for this reason, it’s critical that your company immediately send an email to email@example.com with the name of the member, the Trip ID, with the subject line COVID, so that we can immediately notify the health plan.
As a reminder, we encourage you to continue to take proper personal precautions to stay healthy, including:
- Washing your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol. For more info on the best way to wash your hands, please visit the CDC’s website.
- Covering your cough or sneeze with your flexed elbow or a tissue and then throwing the tissue in the trash.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces, including door handles and seat belts after every trip.
- If available, offering hand sanitizer or disinfecting wipes to the member.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Staying home if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.